Microkey 4500 -- 6809 Single Board Computer
The Microkey 4500 single board computer was sold by Microkey Ltd. in England.
Microkey 4500 features:
- 2 MHz 6809 microprocessor with 128K RAM standard (2 banks of 64KB)
- optional W65SC816 can address 512KB RAM
- up to 32KB EPROM (2 sockets)
- floppy disk controller for 3.5" and 5.25" drives, incl. 500kbps data rate
- 16-color high resolution graphics, or various resolutions of monochrome video
- serial and parallel ports
- DIN connectors for keyboard port (IBM compatible)
- fiber optic serial interface option
- FLEX and polyFORTH operating systems supported
- cost U$450 for an assembled board with 128K RAM
The only information on the Microkey 4500 I have found so far is from an
and staff and user
in the September 1985 issue of '68' Micro Journal magazine.
"FLEX" was a trademark of Technical System Consultants (TSC).
Use the Reload/Refresh button in your web browser (or Ctrl+F5 or Shift+Reload)
to ensure you get the latest version of this page.
Last revised 2022-Jun-01 12:29 PDT.
Copyright 2019-2022 David C. Wiens.