FLEX Plus 10TM
(This page is still under construction.)
(Currently in development)
FLEX Plus 10TM is an enhanced version of
TSC 6809 FLEX v3.02. Its core and the driver executive can be used in
most any 6809
system, while the driver package is specific to the
ST-2900 system from Sardis Technologies.
FLEX Plus 10TM currently consists of 3 components:
- FLEX Plus 10TM Core
- FLEX Plus 10TM Driver Executive
- FLEX Plus 10TM Driver Package for the ST-2900
FLEX Plus 10TM Core:
- can replace the existing FLEX.COR file in most 6809 systems
- supports 10 drives (0..9) instead of only 4 (0..3)
- adds time of file creation to all new directory entries
(optional -- requires a timer or clock chip and matching driver)
- FLEX.COR still fits into its original address ranges of $C000-$CCBF,
$CCF8-$D36F, $D3FD-$DDFF, so should be compatible with most existing
console and disk drivers
- includes BINCPY.CMD that lets you separate FLEX.SYS into FLEX.COR and
the console and disk drivers
- includes KWIKLOAD.CMD that installs a faster replacement for the FLEX
LOAD ($CD30) routine, speeding up program loads from RAM-Disks by up to 8x!
- will include modified versions of several commands to support 10 drives,
to properly handle dates after 1999, and to display file creation times
- based mostly on original genuine TSC source code for 6809 FLEX v3.02
as found in the FLEX-4-UniFLEX archives, not on poorly commented disassemblies
- all source code files are supplied, both for the new improved version,
as well as for the original unmodified TSC source code
FLEX Plus 10TM Driver Executive:
- can be used on most 6809 FLEX systems, but requires drivers to be modified
- allows drivers and drives to be linked to any of the 10 FLEX logical drive numbers
- includes the DRVSHOW.CMD program to display details of installed drivers and drives
- includes a driver for a small RAM-Disk that uses a portion of user memory to
implement up to 10 virtual drives for testing purposes
- will eventually include a new SYSGEN.CMD program to install drivers, and to assign
FLEX logical drive numbers to them
- source code files are included
FLEX Plus 10TM Driver Package for the ST-2900:
- greatly improved from the original set of drivers supplied in the September 1984
version of the ST-2900 FLEX Conversion Package
- new CLOCK module supplies a software real-time-clock (RTC) that increments at 100Hz,
using interrupts from the 6522/VIA Timer 1 on the FDC
- new driver for the ST-2900 NVRAM/RTC
board for NVSRAM-Disk, EEPROM-Disk, and RTC
- modified drivers for floppy disk, and for RAM-512 board
- all source code files are included
"FLEX" was a trademark of Technical System Consultants (TSC).
"FLEX Plus 10" is a trademark of Sardis Technologies.
Use the Reload/Refresh button in your web browser (or Ctrl+F5 or Shift+Reload)
to ensure you get the latest version of this page.
Last revised 2023-Jan-28 14:09 PST.
Copyright 2018-2023 David C. Wiens.